Sunday 19 February 2012

Kayaking







Kayaking strokes
·         Forward paddle
·         Backwards paddle
·         Sweep stroke
·         Emergency stop
·         Turn

How to pack a kayak
·        Pack lightly
·        Keep your packages balanced to ensure your kayak is balanced
·        Pack small packages

Water proofing
·         Small packages
·         All packages need to be air tight
·         Only water proof what NEEDS to be water proofed
·         Use garbage bags
·         Double bag everything
·         Triple bad necessities (sleeping bag, clothes)







      Above are some photographs of myself kayaking on the Murray River.
      I was kayaking to over night camps which meant I had to pack clothing, food, toiletries, etc, for up to two days. This ensured water proofing only necessities so they would obviously continue to stay dry. The tips I have written about water proofing are enormously helpful! Always make sure you double, or even triple bagging things. This is the best tip I can give anyone! Because not double bagging my only jumper for the night on camp was the biggest mistake I made, of course the bag ripped and my jumper become heavily wet and I had to go without.

No comments:

Post a Comment